Here are some of the basic rules for deciding what to do, based on hands you might be dealt.
- 9 and anything lower, you should always hit, you probably won't win anything with such a low hand, and taking a hit will raise the odds of winning
- 10-16 hit if the dealer's face-up card is a 7 or higher
- 17 and anything higher, stand. This only apllies if you do not have an ace in your hand.
- If you do have an aceyou will need a different strategy because an Ace can be ranked as 1 or 11. this type of hand is called "soft"
- if you do have a soft hand, and it's lesser than 19, take a hit